Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You're gonna get sick of hearing about my knee!

Sunday Nov 13th:
90min, 2.75-ish miles, 497cal.  We went on a hike as a family.

Monday the 14th:
75min, 4.86mi, 633cal  I did 40min on the treadmill.  I tried running but my knee hurt to bad.  I tried doing the incline walk but I just couldn't get my heart rate up as high as I would like.  Darn this getting fitter! lol  I then did 35min on an elliptical.

My knee was excruciating the rest of the day.  I iced it several times and stayed off of it as much as I could.  Not easy with 3 of my own kids, another I watch, and having to transfer yet another kid from preschool to day care!  It does feel a lot better this morning.  Although now my foot hurts.  I think I have heel spurs.  YAY it never ends! lol  I have some left over Percocet from surgery I had back in July, I was very tempted to take it.  I didn't.  I don't want to mask the pain, do something stupid to make it worse.

I'm thinking of taking a few weeks off from the gym.  The idea terrifies me.  I don't want to get depressed again like I was.  The gym got me out of it.  But if I blow my knee completely I may never get to go back again.  I'm thinking of attempting Atkin's while I'm off of the gym.  Last time I did it I lost quite a bit of weight, but got lax with it (and my depression got to me) and gained it all back.  Cut carbs and gym time for 2 weeks, then introduce carbs and gym time back slowly.  You're not supposed to work out at all during the first 2 weeks of Atkin's anyway.  Maybe if I can lose some more weight, when I do start back at the gym my knee won't hurt so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment