Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shouldn't have started running

I really shouldn't have.  My knees are hurting all the time now.  I didn't go today at all, and probably won't tomorrow.  Maybe I'll go just 3x a week, which means I won't get my November minute goal.  The other day I tried doing the elliptical and it was really hard to get into it.  I just wanted to run!  The worst part about the elliptical, I think, was the lighting.  There was a glare on my Kindle so I couldn't even read.  Plus it's hard to pace myself, I end up going to fast or to slow.  I can't even walk with an incline anymore.  I don't even know if shoes would help much anymore.  I'm to heavy to run on my knees I think.  I just found out that my aunt had to get knee replacement and she isn't even 50 yet.  My grandfather didn't get his replaced til he was 85!

Yesterday I did have my personal best on a treadmill 5k.  Less than 38min, and that was with a 3min walking warm-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment