Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Trip to the doctor

I made an appt for my calf pain.  He did some poking and prodding and said that it might be compartment syndrome. Compartment syndrome is a serious condition that involves increased pressure in a muscle compartment. It can lead to muscle and nerve damage and problems with blood flow.  He started me on some NSAIDs, told me to halve my distance, warm up longer, stretch more and only go 2-3x a week instead of 5 like I should be.  So far I haven't gone since Saturday and I'm still in pain.  He's hoping that I'm just over doing it and need to cut back and add mileage much slower.  If I'm not feeling better in 2 weeks I have to make another appt for a compartment syndrome test.  I'm sad today.  I want to run and I've been told I can't.  BLAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment