Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day one of Marathon training.

65min total work out time, 3.99mi (5k in 37.13), weights, 559cal

I'm adding in the time that I do weights.  I do a 10min warm up at 3.5mph, reset the machine, do my 5k and do a 5min cool down.  Then I go to weights.  I suppose now that I am training I should cut it down to exactly what my training schedule says I should do.  This is what I'm following: http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/MaraNovice1.html 

Going to do Novice 1, skipping the marathon, then I'm going to start Intermediate 1.  Maybe.  Maybe I'll do Novice 2.  I guess we'll see how these first 18 weeks go.  I AM getting new shoes for Christmas.  I probably won't start wearing them til after the first of the year though.  And I'll need new shoes later in the year too.  They say new shoes every 500 miles.

I feel great today. :)  The run was a bit hard at first.  I just couldn't get my heart rate up.  I am always sluggish when I try to keep my heart rate low.  I don't start feeling great til it's 160 or so.  My average today was 137.  I just can't sustain 160 for the full 3 miles.  But only being at 140-ish I haven't even really warmed up yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment